A community-based law firm serving businesses and individuals with real estate transactions, corporate law legal needs and planning for the future.
Joseph J. Malone
Joe Malone is one of the founding members of Stevens & Malone, PLLC. As the son of a Naval Commander, Joe learned the value of service at an early age and is pleased to be able to serve his community both through legal services and pro-bono activities.
Joe attended Wheaton College, in Wheaton Illinois, where he obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree and majored in Political Science. Joe also started on the offensive line for the Wheaton Crusaders for three years. Joe went on to receive his law degree from Loyola University of Chicago. While in law school, Joe focused his studies on property law, estate planning and litigation.
Joe began his law career in the Chicago area working for two boutique civil litigation law firms. He was then invited by Mike Stevens and his partners to join the transactional practice here in Hays County. While Joe enjoyed the challenge and excitement of litigation, his easy-going personality made him a more natural fit for transactional work. Joe Malone and Mike Stevens co-founded the law firm of Stevens & Malone in 2007.
Currently, Joe assists clients in everything from complex real estate and business transactions to basic estate planning and probate. He is also a fee attorney for Independence Title Company with offices in Wimberley and Canyon Lake. Joe takes a practical, solution-oriented approach to the law which he finds to be cost effective and efficient.
Along with his wife, Trish and their children, Ella, Jack and Hope, Joe and his family are proud to call the Texas Hill Country their home. When Joe is not at work, he enjoys bird hunting, fishing, mountain biking, skiing but most of all spending time with his family.
- Real Estate 40%
- Business Formation and Transaction 20%
- Estate Planning 20%
- Probate 20%
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. - 2003
- Wheaton College, Wheaton, Illinois
- B.A. - 1998
- Major: Political Science
- Texas, 2005
- Illinois, 2004
- Wimberley Valley Habitat for Humanity, Legal Director, Present
- Wimberley Independent School District, Former Trustee, 2013 to 2022
- Wimberley Education Foundation, Director & President
- Texas Land Title Institute, Planning Committee
Current Employment Position
- Texas Land Title Institute, Planning Committee, Past Member
- Leadership Academy, 2015 to 2015
- Wimberley Independent School District, Board of Trustees, President
- Wimberley Education Foundation, Director
- Wimberley Education Foundation, Past President
- Wimberley Valley Habitat for Humanity, Director
- Ozona National Bank
- Independence Title Company
- State of Texas, Escrow Officer
- Escrow Officer